Goat   
Mileage: Retuned  



I had the pleasure of working with Goat a few months ago on the remix of his album Mileage which he record with DJ Three6t.  The remixed album is called Mileage: Retuned and can be download on Bandcamp for free.

I worked on the song Damn Near On Empty.  The original song had a real acoustic feel to it with live drums, acoustic guitar, and Wurlitzer sounding keys.  I caught the vibe quick and knew I could rework it with a raw sample and cuts for the hook.  I chopped up a Bohannon sample with the quickness on the MPD and headed right to Serato for some cuts.  The lyrics are really the driving force of the song, so the minimalist vibe worked well in my opinion.

Unfortunately, when I bounced my parts of the remix and sent them to Goat, the automated mute on my scratches decided they wanted to be heard.  So, the final song on which is on Bandcampe has a scratch chorus with overlapping tracks...not my intention.  Learn from my mistake - double check your bounces. Hahaha

So here is my original remix of the song with the legit cuts on it.  Strong Language Warning
Goat - Damn Near on Empty (Sean P OG Remix) by DJSeanP
Download

Thanks to Goat for asking me to be apart of this project.  He's a great song writer, and I think we really turned this one out.